Tips For Getting Cheap Auto Insurance in Alabama
How does one find the cheapest Alabama auto insurance rates? Often, the answer is to purchase the State of Alabama minimum required amount of car insurance coverage and to skimp on coverage when possible. You already know that auto insurance protects you from accident and accident related expenses. You may also know that Alabama state law requires that drivers be covered at for minimum of $20,000 liability for injuries per person, $40,000 for all injuries for all persons in an accident and for $10,000 for property damage in an accident. These coverage amounts are referred to as 20/40/10. This level of coverage will have you in compliance with the law, but you need to consider carefully whether it will fully protect you financially.
Considering all of this, what can you do to find the best possible rates for your AL auto insurance while still keeping the coverage you need? These 5 steps you can help you reduce your AL auto insurance premiums without sacrificing quality.
- Raise your Deductible. If you can afford it, a deductible of $1000 will significantly reduce your premiums. Though you may end up paying out of pocket for smaller claims, you will still be protected in the case of a more serious accident.
- Consider Necessary Coverage. You will want to be in compliance with Alabama State law regarding the 20/40/10 liability coverage, but there are other options to consider. Collision insurance is one example. If you are driving and still paying for a newer car, you will want to be protected from having to make payments on a car that is not usable. On the other hand, if you drive an older car, collision insurance may not be a good value.
- Ask About Special Discounts. Most insurance companies offer discounts to drivers with safe driving records, students with A/B average grades, drivers with multiple cars covered under the same policy, and policy holders who have their home and/or life insurance with the same company.
- Ask About Discounts for Safety Features. Even more discounts may be available depending on the safety features on your vehicle. Insurance companies also offer discounts for automobiles with anti-lock brakes, air bags, anti-theft devices and daytime running lights.
- Inquire About Insurance Rates Before Buying Your Car. Some cars come with higher and others come with lower than average insurance premiums. If you are considering purchasing a new vehicle, a few minutes of online research may save you quite a bit in premium cost.
After investigating all of these discounts and comparing the rate quotes from at least three different insurance companies, do a quick check with the better business bureau and your local repair shops. When investigating an insurance company, this can be an important step in saving you money in the long run. You want to make sure you choose a reputable company that pays benefits quickly and without complications. Be sure that you compare Alabama auto insurance quotes at least once every 6 months to make sure that you still have the best rate. You can visit www.alabamacarinsurance360.com to get started comparing Alabama auto insurance rates now!