Phoenix, Arizona drivers have one of the highest rates in the country according to a report last year. There are many things you can do to lower your car insurance without leaving Phoenix, Arizona.;
1. Reduce your mileage. Carpooling is an option. Using public transport is also an option. Just make sure you do everything within your power to reduce your mileage. Your mileage affects your premium.
2. Ask for higher deductibles. Make sure you make it as high as you can handle. The higher your deductibles the lower your car insurance rates.
3. Make sure you have theft-deterrent devices. They'll lower the chances that your car would be stolen. You certainly know that Arizona has very high car theft figures. Insurance companies factor these in.
4. Take a course in defensive driving. Defensive drivers in Phoenix, Arizona pay far less than regular drivers. The simple reason being that training in defensive driving makes you more safety conscious on the road while also giving skills that make you avoid things that lead to accidents. You are also able to respond better if caught in such situations.
5. Make sure you pay your bills on time. If you default in payments, it will affect your credit rating. And, believe it or not, anything that affects your credit rating negatively also affects your car insurance rates negatively.
This is because insurance companies believe that people who default in their regular bills are often more likely to default in their premiums. They also believe that they are less responsible and more likely to be reckless on the road. Although some people disagree with such generalization, that's the position.
6) Keep your driving record as clean and great as possible. Those speeding tickets cost you much more than the fines you pay. They add to your car insurance premium.
7) Get quotes from at least three quotes sites that return quotes for Phoenix, Arizona. I recommend this minimum because that reduces the chances that you'll miss offers not presented on some of the other sites. I also recommend that you use quotes sites run by insurance brokers. Apart from giving you unbiased results, they also return 5 or more quotes for each request.
Once you get your quotes, it's now time to compare them. You can simply go for the lowest quote. However, I recommend that you take a little more time to look at the value you get for the price. You'll save anywhere between a few hundred dollars to a thousand and much more if you do this well. You can visit www.quality-insurance-4-less.com to get started comparing cheap auto insurance quotes.