Looking for car insurance in Virginia? Want to know where to get cheap rates with a top company? Here's where to find them.
# Shop at an Insurance Comparison Website
Insurance rates can vary dramatically from one company to another, so you might be able to save a lot of money just by taking a few moments to shop around. And thanks to the Internet, shopping for insurance has never been easier!
Just go to an insurance comparison website and fill out their online form. Before you know it, you'll begin to receive quotes from A rated insurance companies. You can then compare the coverages and quotes and choose the company with the best coverage and the lowest cost.
Going online for insurance doesn't mean sacrificing the personal advice of insurance experts. The best insurance comparison websites offer a chat feature, allowing you to get professional answers to your insurance questions. (See link below).
# How Much Insurance Do You Need?
Virginia requires the following minimum coverages:
* $25,000 for bodily injury/death of one person
* $50,000 for bodily injury/death of two or more persons
* $20,000 for property damage
Keep in mind that these are only the minimum requirements, and most insurance professionals recommend you carry more than these minimum amounts. The amount of coverage you need depends on what assets you have to protect.
# Lowering Your Insurance Costs
As you shop for auto insurance in Virginia, follow these additional tips to keep your costs down:
- Consider dropping your comprehensive and collision coverage if your car is over five years old.
- If you decide to get comprehensive and collision coverage, set your deductible as high as you can afford. The higher you set your deductible, the lower your premium will be.
- Ask about discounts you might qualify for. Most insurance companies offer discounts for anti-theft and safety devices as well as for drivers with good safety records.