It's no secret, California is a big state with millions of drivers puttering around on a daily basis. With such volume comes a certain number of accidents. That is why the State of California has made it mandatory for everyone operating a vehicle to have car insurance.
If you are looking for cheap car insurance in Sacramento, California keep these money-saving pointers in mind:
- Choose the minimum required liability coverage including $5,000 property liability coverage. Although many people aren't comfortable with such low coverage, if you are, this is a great way to save.
- Don't claim for unnecessary repairs. If you back into a pole or your chip your windshield and the damage is minimal, don't file it as a claim against your insurance policy. This will just increase your rates.
- Buy a car that costs less to insure. Most people never consider the cost of insurance when they are shopping for a new car. Many late model cars cost much more to insure than others. It's a good idea to call your car insurance company before making a new car purchase to check on the expected cost of premiums.
- If you have a garage, use it. Some car insurance companies offer a discount for their clients who park their car in a secure spot. If you do this, mention it when asking for a quote, it may result in a percentage discount off the cost of premiums.
- Your driving record also affects the price of your car insurance. The safe your drive, the lower your insurance becomes. In fact, some companies lower your rates the longer you have a clean driving record. The less incidents you have on the road, the more money you have in your pocket.
- You can also get discounts for the more safety features you have. If your car comes standard with safety features, such as anti-theft system and air bags, then your rates will be lower. The style of car also plays an important role. If you have a sedan, rather than a sports car, your rates will be lower. The less "dangerous" your car seems, and the more family oriented your car is, the less your rates will be.
You can visit www.mycarinsurancerate.com, recommended sites for low rate insurance.