If you are looking for Wichita, KS auto insurance there are some things you should keep in mind in order to find the best policy. The way to find the best auto insurance in Wichita is much like anywhere else: 1) Do your research 2) Compare quotes from a variety of different insurance companies 3) Repeat the process every 6 months to make sure you still have the best value.
Tips for Finding Cheap Auto Insurance Rates
Whether young or old, sports car owner or pickup truck owner, here are some tips for finding the absolute cheapest Wichita car insurance rates possible while still maintaining quality coverage:
1. Discounts - Take advantage of discounts like the senior discount, good student discount, multiple lines discount (having both auto and homeowners insurance with the same company), military discount, and many more. Keep in mind that different companies have different discounts.
2. Shop Around - It is key to shop around because not only do different companies have different discounts and different rates but rates can change often and even if you may have had the very cheapest rates possible just months ago that can all change. It is definitely worth it to spend 15 minutes every 6 months to compare rates from multiple companies.
3. New Vehicle - Different vehicles have different rates for car insurance. If you purchase a new vehicle then don't just stay with the same insurer automatically without first shopping around all over again. Different companies are competitive in different areas and on different models and types of vehicles. If you get a new vehicle then spend a few moments to find the company that will best meet your Wichita auto insurance needs.
Required Minimum Auto Insurance Coverage in Wichita, Kansas
According to the Kansas Insurance Commissioner the required car insurance coverage minimums are as follows:
- $25,000/person for bodily injury
- $50,000/accident for bodily injury
- $10,000/accident for property damage
* Minimum amount required by law:
- $4,500/person for medical expenses
- $900/month for one year for disability/loss of income
- $25/day for in-home services
- $2,000 for funeral, burial or cremation expense
- $4,500 for rehabilitation expense
* In-home services up to $25/day for one year
Is this minimum coverage enough? Well, there is certainly additional coverage that can be purchased from almost every company that offers car insurance in Wichita and it often makes sense to pay a little extra to have more coverage than the minimums that are required.
Work with a qualified and professional Wichita car insurance agent so that they can help you to decide exactly how much coverage is needed for your specific situation.
How Your Rates Are Determined
Every insurance company determines rates in a different way, so no one insurance company is the best choice for everyone. One main factor that is used to determine rates is location.
The factors that go along with location include traffic statistics, number of accidents, and number of vehicle thefts. Many times rural areas have lower insurance rates than urban areas.
For example, here are the top five intersections with the most car accidents in Wichita in 2009 according to the City of Wichita Police Department:
- Kellogg/Rock with 20 accidents
- Kellogg/Mid Continent with 16 accidents
- Central/ Rock with 14 accidents
- Kellogg/ Seneca with 14 accidents
- 13th/ Rock with 13 accidents