Looking for really cheap auto insurance quotes? Here are seven steps to help you get really cheap auto insurance quotes:
1. Comparison shop - Insurance rates can vary by $1,000 or more from one company to the next, so the first step toward getting cheap rates is to visit an insurance comparison website. Once there you'll fill out a simple questionnaire in order to get rate quotes from different companies. Then all you have to do is pick the best rate.
Some comparison sites have a chat feature so you can talk online with an insurance expert to get answers to any questions you may have.
2. Raise your deductible - The higher your deductible, the lower your premium. Increasing your collision coverage deductible from $250 to $500 can save you as much as 30% on your yearly premium.
3. Drop collision and comprehensive coverage on older cars - If you own a car that's worth less than $2,000, or your premium plus your deductible is more than your car is worth, consider dropping your collision and comprehensive coverage. You can find out how much your car is worth by going to the Kelley Blue Book website (kbb.com).
4. Get low-mileage discounts - Insurance companies offer discounts to drivers who put fewer miles on their cars than the average. And with the skyrocketing price of gas, carpooling or using public transportation can help you save even more.
5. Get safety and security discounts - Most insurance companies will give you discounts for air bags, anti-lock brakes, car alarms, and anti-theft devices.
6. Consolidate your insurance - Insurance companies will give you up to 15% off your yearly premium if you purchase both your auto insurance and your homeowners or renters insurance from them.
7. Ask about discounts - Most insurance companies offer discounts if you've had no accidents in three years, if you're over the age of 50, if you've taken a driver's ed course, and a number of other reasons. Ask for all the discounts you may be eligible for.
You can visit www.lowerratequotes.com to get really cheap auto insurance quotes from A-rated companies and see how much you can save.